Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Vacation


School has started up again but only after a much anticipated Christmas vacation. I was so very blessed to have two friends fly out to visit me over Christmas break. Laurel and Sonya flew out the day after Christmas and arrived in Abidjan well over 24 hours later- an exhausting trip! They had their suitcases packed with lots of our requests from home and it was Christmas all over again! But most of all, it was Christmas just to be able to spend time with friends from home. It was a whirlwind of a week, but it was relaxing (I thought!) and full of sunshine and luxurious days by the beach. Gayle, one of the missionaries here who knew Sonya, spoiled us all tremendously. We spent a night at her place on the beach and shared some very special moments with her. She took us to a pool by the beach, drove us out to a fishing village where she talked someone into taking us out in a canoe (it was tiny!), gave us a grand tour of San Pedro from the hills above the city, and much more.
I’m working on getting pictures available- here's a link of a few I've added, but keep checking I've got lots more to add! :) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010113&l=4bb0d&id=1516050484

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So neat to read about your vacation. I love your hair. The puppies are adorable. More later. Aunt Pat

LizziAnne said...

Sounds like it was so much fun! I loved looking at all the pictures on Facebook. I cant wait to hear more about your adventures. (And yes, you are really tan... (for you that is)! :)!)